Met Animals

Monday, April 7, 2008



Here's a sketch from the Met Museum in a lonely corner of the American wing. There's a large room with low ceilings filled with glass cases struggling to show more of the Met's vast collection. It's definitely worth perusing each and every aisle.

In this particular case, I found several small sculptures of animals, all grouped together and ready to be drawn. As I may have mentioned previously, I love to draw from sculpture since most of the hard work has already been done.

In other news, I am officially halfway done with Mythos: Captain America. That means that to finish the next 10 pages, I've got to go into extreme* mode in order to finish by my deadline in May. Luckily, I've reached all the "fun" pages — a lot of action and a lot of the title character.

*barely time for showers

1 comment :

  1. Beautiful sketches man. And congrats on your progress, i'm really excited about cap, it'll be nice to see your take on him.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.