Wacky Reference Wednesday, No. 185

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Amazing Spider-Man #641, Page 14. 2010. Ink on Marvel board, 11 × 17.25″.

Sometimes, all you need is a piece of paper. And sometimes, all you need is a paper towel. This little cut-out helped me keep that awesome collar in check. You can see this and more pages from One Moment in Time at Splash Page Comic Art .




Inks and Pencils


Digital Composite and Layout

Whenever I notice something that bugs me, I always draw an arrow or write a little note to myself. It helps me keep track of things in the midst of deadlines. I don't always listen though—I can't even remember why I made a note about Dr. Strange's forehead. This is back when I would erase pencil and use white-out; now I fix everything digitally. And since I often draw in blue-line, I don't even bother erasing.




Just a friendly reminder: my contest for Wacky Reference Wednesday # 200 is still going strong. It's your first (and possibly only) chance to art direct a fully-painted commission from me. Full details can be found here.

3 comments :

  1. Mr. Rivera, where should I post the pictures for the WRW200?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just send them to WRW200@paolorivera.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.