Supercon 2013 — Ant-Man

Friday, November 8, 2013

ANT-MAN. 2013. Ink and watercolor on paper, 9 × 12″.

Here's an Ant-Man portrait from Supercon earlier this year. For some reason, I got a lot of requests for the character. Perhaps his many guest appearances in Daredevil? Not sure, but always happy to draw him. Can't wait for the movie, either. Speaking of which, I hope you all heard about the DD TV news?! My Mom even saw my DD #1 cover on CNN!

And if that weren't enough fun news, I'm currently working on 2 (!) DD covers, one of which is very special (i.e. it's taking me forever to finish). I also just bought a couple tool chests as part of a studio upgrade. I'll give another video tour as soon as I'm happy with the set-up.

Monday's post will feature a new all-digital cover, as well as some answers to questions I've been getting via email. Have a great weekend!

8 comments :

  1. Okay Wow! You sir, do not get enough credit for all your work! Frankly, i get a little upset when i notice not enough people comment on your amazing art! I've been a big fan of yours since Daredevil #1 with Mark Waid. I'm lovin this blog, the way you take inspiration from your own pictures, and all the headshot portraits you do, especially the Nightcrawler, Wonder Woman, and okay screw it. I love all of them actually haha maybe you could do a Colossus one sometime down the line! Keep up the spectacular work Paolo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I get plenty of credit. The fact that I have so many regular readers is an honor in itself. Glad you like the artwork!

      Delete
  2. Great Ant-Man! And they didn't ask you to be a conceptual designer, or something for the movie? Pshaw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid not. I'd love to get the call someday, but it hasn't happened yet. That being said, they've asked me to do a few cast & crew posters, so there's always the chance I could land that gig again. Here's hoping.

      Delete
  3. hey if you are really curious let me tell you - that issue where Ant Man was inside DD blasting all those Doom nanobots... coolest ant man ever. Seriously. No one gave a damn about the character til then. Pat yerelf on the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to give myself a pat for that, but it was Chris Samnee that should be given full credit. I never even got to draw Ant-Man in the series. I love that he's a regular guest, though.

      Delete
  4. oh crap! Embarrassing mistake! Samnee is doing a good job. You & M Martin are a hard act to follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! I'm always happy to get credit for awesome stuff (even if I didn't do it).

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.